Sunday, May 08, 2005

Cool things about being in New York

You get to meet people like Michel Gondry, while shopping at the Virgin Megastore in Union Square.

While wandering around the DVD section in the basement, I thought I saw him. I caught the side of his face and his hair and I was thinking: "No, that's not..." and when I approached, sure enough it was him, so I softly called his name, stuck my hand out and introduced myself to him. Stupid me, I didn't have a card ready, or anything, but what the heck. So I thanked him for doing such innovative work and he replied, "well, that's what I do". When I started to try and have a conversation, I think he started getting a little self conscious. Seeing this I quickly finished, thanked him again and walked away, but I think I scared him off. I went back to aimlessly browsing, but I didn't see him in the area. I guess he fled, having been spotted.

Gondry directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and has done many music videos for Bj
รถrk, The Chemical brothers, The White Stripes, Foo Fighters, to name a few. His style is repetition, but in very innovative ways and with great style. I'll try and dig up some links, It's late and I'm tired.

I'm still hoping to run into Scarlett Johansson at a certain cafe. she's sooo yummy. One day, she will be mine! I did see Terry Gilliam walking around Central Park, on the last day The Gates were open. I do NOT want him to be mine!

Today was fun, Moto and I wandered around the Union Square area and had dinner at Ennju, a Japanese restaurant that was very yummy and inexpensive. Moto is my Go To Guy for cheap eats and deals around the city. We went to the Megastore after sitting in the park, chatting/digesting.

I did end up buying a couple of DVD's as well. They were cheap. They are unloading a whole bunch of DVD's for $10 each!

No comments:

Site Meter