Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Which one?

Image hosting by Photobucket

I shot this just before Christmas, while at the Mayor's Office of Film and Television. I liked the way that the light was kind of feathered off, on the bricks and the fire escape. The light was just on the verge of being soft and shadowless. It still had direction, but an interesting kind of fall-off, which isn't quite as noticable in the digital image. I was having trouble opening the window, so I just shot through the glass, before the light changed.

I have two crops. The shot above is of just the area I was interested in, the other, below, is a wider shot with some interesting elements. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on which crop is better. I'm debating whether or not to post the full frame.


Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments:

Site Meter