Sunday, December 11, 2005

Busy

Luckily, I have been quite busy. At this time last year, I spent most of my time surfing the internet, making prank phone calls and staring at the walls. For the past few weeks, I have been filling in for Ramin, who is a friend of a friend, who is in demand, so I've been shooting a lot. YAY!!

I like gaffing and I like when people rent my lights, but I want to be shooting and that's what I've been doing.

I'm also shooting a music video for Bengt next week, should be fun. I'll be using my camera, lights and dolly. Woohoo! The week after, I'm doing my laast fill in gigs for Ramin. I thnk. I don't know when he's returning, but I hope it's later rather than sooner. No offense, I just want to be shooting.

Thursday-

11:30am - 9pm Scout locations for a few hours with Bengt, go home get things together and then go to my storage unit and get lighting and grip gear ready for my shoot on Friday. Plus get gear ready for the Friday night trip to Boston for a shoot with Ted on Saturday.

Friday-

5:30am - 6:40am wake up get a few things together for the gigs

6:40am - 7:00am drag all my camera gear and monitor down to the car garage. No elevator to basement, building super hasn't woken up yet to unlock elevator. Negotiate gear on cart down several sets of stairs and into the garage. Load up car.

7am - 8am- Go to Storage, get gear for shoot and then load up car.

8am - 9am- Go into Manhattan, to shoot.

9am - 7pm- Unload car, take gear up freight elevator to 12th flr, go back down to car and go down 2 blocks and park car. Return and set up lights and camera Shoot all day in a tiny HOT, stuffy, airless room. Fun shoot, good people, but the space wasn't designed properly and really sucks, not enough space and no A/C. Tear down set up, pack up gear, go get car. Take stuff down to lobby and pack up my car. Go home.

7pm - 8pm- Driving through Manhattan always sucks, this is no exception.

8:00 - 8:30Meet Ted and Irin, the sound guy, in my garage to load up the minivan with all my camera and lighting gear. Remove the two way-back seats from the van and stash them in the back of my car, until we return. Requires another trip up to my apartment to get the last bit of stuff and we're off.

8:30pm - 1am Drive to Boston, Framingham to be exact. We're just a few miles from my parent's house.

Saturday-

7:15am - 8:30am Wake up.

8:30am - 10am Look for a place to have a nice breakfast. We end up going to Johnny's, in Newton Center, about a half mile from my parents house. If we just take a right turn down that street...

10am- Arrive at the location, there's lot's of snow and no one to let us in. So we wait for people to arive. Ted makes some calls.

10:15-11:45 Finally start loading in and setting up. Ted gives m a little help, but he's producer/Director, he's got more important things to worry about.

11:45 cameras are rolling! Talent is kind of a pain in the ass, and isn't letting Ted direct. Looks like it's gonna be a looonnngggg day. Dude's not letting anyone do their job. Oy!

11:45am - 6:30pm Shoot, shoot, shoot. Quick lunch break. Shoot some more, flirt with Ashley, one of the girls in the video. Shoot more. We're moving into another room, so we'll need more time for the reset. Looks like we're not moving, fine. Reset lights in sound studio. That doesn't happen because the talent decides to just keep going right into the next section. The lighting looks half assed and the camera angles are so-so. Not enough time given to do things properly. At least we're done about on time.

6:30pm - 7:30pm pack up and load out.

7:30pm - 11pm Ted drives us back home. I'm the first one to be dropped, but we also have to unload all my lighting and camera gear out of the van and put everything into my car. Ted and Irin put the seats back into the van.

11pm - 1am Drag large heavy bags up to my apartment, check email, drink beer, relax, go to bed

No comments:

Site Meter